Zane's Kindergarten experience has been very unexpected. He has not reacted the way any of us expected him to. There has not been any of the "boy behaviors" that we were seeing at Mother's Day Out. No hitting or kicking, no peeing on the playground, no wrestling, no back talking, etc. Instead, he cried the first 6 weeks. He has told us he likes his teacher, but he misses his mom, dad & sister when he's at school. Needless to say, I bawled the first 6 weeks too. He is doing much better now. I still have to walk him in everyday & leave him blowing me kisses as he disappears down the long hallway. His teacher assures me he is doing great with his school work and that he is extremely helpful to the other kids.
Some Zaneism regarding Kindergarten & starting school:
Some Zaneism regarding Kindergarten & starting school:
Zane: "Not all moms make their kids go to school."
Me: "What kids do you know that don't go to school?"
Zane: "Those big kids like Kaleb."
Zane: "Those big kids like Kaleb."
(Kaleb is my nephew that graduated high school last May.)
Me: "Maybe you need to call Kaleb because Kaleb lives at his school this year. He goes to college."
Kaleb: "You mean I have to go to college too?!?!"
The first few weeks as we were coming up to turn into the school parking lot Zane would say,
"Keep going mom, don't turn, go, go, go, ......... awwww!"
Zane: "Not all moms make their kids go to school."
Me: "What kids do you know that don't go to school?"
Zane: "The ones in jail."
Zane: "Not all moms make their kids go to school."
Me: "What kids do you know that don't go to school?"
Zane: "The ones in jail."
Me: "Zane, what was your favorite part of the day?"
Zane: "I'll tell you what part I don't like, that nap part!"
Zane: "I'll tell you what part I don't like, that nap part!"
Me: "Man Zane, you are learning so much at school. We are so proud of you!"
Zane: "I don't learn anything at school. I just figure stuff out."
Zane: "I don't learn anything at school. I just figure stuff out."
Me: "Who said that?"
Zane: "The little brown boy who speaks Spanish that's in my class."
Zane: "The little brown boy who speaks Spanish that's in my class."
No comments:
Post a Comment