Thursday, April 26, 2012

1st grade Field Trip to the Zoo

The 1st grade field trip this year was to the Fort Worth Zoo. I was able to attend and had Zane and his buddy Creed in my group. I will say, I was pretty darn lucky! Creed is a good kid! It was lots of fun, a great day!

Zane and his buddy, Creed
The animals were out and about that morning.

This guy has to be the oldest guy in the zoo! I can remember seeing him when I was younger.
I don't think this guy is very young either!




I loved this picture!

Creed was great with the map! He knew where we were and how to get to where we wanted to go next.
Not sure what was up with this guy, he was pacing back and forth the entire time.

They wanted their picture taken in front of the lion's den.
These guys must do this often. When we went over Spring Break, they were doing this same thing.

Feeding the birds.



Headed to the Texas area.
Watching a show about storms ... a great way to cool off!

 I remember always loving field trips when I was in school. My mom wasn't able to attend due to work so I am glad I get the opportunity to go along with Zane and join in on the fun. It is always a great learning experience and gets the kids out of the classroom and into a different environment. I have always worried about my kids going off to school, putting them into the hands of someone else ... call me a control freak, call me whatever you want, but in the long run call me a mommy. I will say that Ponder ISD calms my fears and worries a little. I know my son is in good hands with some great people!

No comments: