Tuesday, July 22, 2008

An evening in the pool

An evening in the pool it was for the Cassidy Family.
The kids & Patrick swam while I took pictures of Berkley's first time in the pool. She LOVED it! She didn't get to stay long, as we are having trouble with our heater, but she loved what little time she spent in the water. (I'm not sure if she liked the water or daddy talking to her more. She literally lights up when Patrick talks to her!)
Berkley in the pool for the 1st time.

Of course, Zane was hamming it up!
And, swimming every where!
Berkley's cough has been getting progressively worse over the course of the last couple of weeks. They are telling me this is normal with whooping cough, but that she has been treated & cannot give it to anyone else nor can she get it again. I just hated to have her in the cool water & wind too long in the event that she catch a common cold on top of all this other stuff. I guess we will have good weeks & bad weeks. She is not doing "bad", but her cough has gotten bad enough for others who are around often to say something. If others are noticing that it is getting worse than it is more than just a mommy thing. I called the doctor & questioned them in regards to her passing it on to mom or others & they assure me she has been treated & cannot pass it along. They keep telling me this can continue for up to 12 weeks, with a good week here & a bad week there. They tell me that what we are experiencing is common with pertussis. UGHHH!
Mom has her LAST chemo treatment tomorrow!!!! Praise God! I guess she got confused. When she mentioned to her chemo doctor about running all her scans to see about further chemo treatments, he told her that 6 cycles was all that her regiment allowed. He told her she will move directly to radiation. Please, please, please pray that this awful disease does not come back! She has fought so very hard! Yes, I know from my words, from looking at her, & from many of her actions (missing very little work) it looks as if this chemo was a walk in the park, I assure you, she would tell you differently. Don't get me wrong, it could have been much worse, but it has not been an easy process for her. I feel I have often times down played it through my updates, but I have not walked into that chemo room nor the days following in her shoes. I know my mother is the strongest woman I have ever known. I knew that prior to this cancer battle, but have been reassured since. She has been an inspiration to us girls through this entire process. The devil messed with the wrong woman! She won't go down without a fight & we knew that from day one! Please pray for minimal sickness and that God has healed her from this horrible disease. Mom if you are reading this, only one more of these awful treatments to go! Hang in there! We love you!
Oh, Zane saw mom's head without a wig nor cap last Friday. He really didn't make the fuss she thought he would. He did say to Patrick, "Memaw lost her hair, but her find it." She had put on her wig for us to go have lunch so he just assumed she "found" her hair! Kids are so resilient! And his Memaw is kicking cancers butt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My niece and nephew look too precious. Give them hugs and kisses from me-Aunt Rae.
Great job with the blog and keeping others up-to-date with mom. She truely is an inspiration to us all and i love her very much. Mom, i am so very proud of you. May we continue to thank God for ALL he has done and continues to do. Lets remember to give Him all the glory.