Friday, October 17, 2008

Princess Berkley is 6 months old!

PRINCESS BERKLEY IS
6 MONTHS OLD!
I truly cannot believe it was 6 months ago today that my baby girl came into the world, healthy & beautiful! Berkley Marie is such a blessing to our family! She is always happy & fills our lives with so much joy! Words cannot express how my heart melts every time I see her giggle at her big brother! It is truly inspiring!

Zane & Berkley

Here are her stats from her 6 month appointment this morning:
Weight: 15 pounds 6 ounces (40%)
Height: 26 3/4 (75%)

We still have a long baby girl. She was okay on all her levels of development. And we have decided to try barley rather than rice. If her tummy can take that then we will do that for a while, if not our pedi will have us begin meats a little early to get her needed protein.

I have said it a dozen times, but I never imagined being a mommy to a baby girl. I have always been into sports, & never into the "froo-froo, girly" stuff. But, I tell you I LOVE this girly stuff! During my pregnancy, I really did not care the sex of the baby, I just wanted a healthy one & an easier labor aftermath. (The aftermath of Zane's delivery was a disaster to put it nicely.) Berkley is so much fun & I cannot even imagine our lives without her. I was told by a friend that having a little girl is God's way of allowing you to raise a best friend. Mommy's & little girls are always best friends, so it is God's way of allowing you to shape & mold a best friend. Zane will always hold a very special place in my heart, being my first born & a mama's boy, but his daddy is his "best buddy". I see a similar connection with Berkley & Patrick already. She smiles from ear to ear when she sees her daddy come into the room! (This too, melts my heart!)

Sitting up

Ready for bedKisses from daddyFlying highLooking sweetly at daddy

We are having family pictures taken by Kids at Home Studios on Sunday at a park in the Denton area. I am so excited, as these are our first family pictures since adding Berkley to our family! And be sure to check for Pumpkin Patch pictures coming soon. We are hoping to venture to the Pumpkin Express on Saturday. Check back to see pictures of my adorable pumpkins!

~Patsi~

2 comments:

Jones Family said...

So sweet! I agree about raising a best friend. My mom and I are exactly that. I never thought I wanted a girl, but just maybe...
Though I'm no where ready to try for #2

Sarah said...

Your precious Miss B is just GORGEOUS! Happy 6 months, Berkley!! I can tell that you are a very loved little princess!